1. Water Ski Show: Forty summers have passed since we learned that Jimmy Buffett was wasting away in Margaritaville. Buffett's signature song is the inspiration for the skiers in a theatrical water show at 6 p.m. Saturday. All of the free weekly performances include barefoot, jump, ballet, adagio and pyramid acts. Come early for a pre-show. Free. Tower Lake, 130 Burbank Road, Oldsmar.
2. Tampa Bay Jeep Fest: More than 250 Jeeps will be on display at Quaker Steak and Lube on Saturday before they head out for an off-road rally in Sumter County on Sunday. Saturday's Show and Shine will have vendors, trophies, music and prizes from 4-9 p.m. It's free for spectators, $10 to enter a Jeep in the show. Register at tampabayjeepfest.com.
3. St. Pete Lit's Ekphrastic: At 5:30 p.m. Saturday, a dozen local authors will give dramatic readings of stories inspired by artwork in the Creatures: Wild and Wooly exhibition now on display at Florida CraftArt Galleries. The exhibition showcases more than 35 artists' work inspired by animals, from domestic to mythic, through Aug. 12. Free. 501 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. (727) 821-7391.
4. Train Weekend: Kids of all ages can ride the miniature trains through Largo Central Park from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. It's free, but donations for train maintenance are appreciated. 105 Central Park Drive, Largo.
5. Tarpon Springs First Friday: This month's theme is Doggie Palooza, so bring your best furry friend with you for live music by the Defendants, dancing, vendors, food trucks, and beer and wine (probably not for your furry friend). Free. 6-10 p.m. Friday along E Tarpon Avenue in downtown Tarpon Springs.